AN OVERVIEW OF PAKISTAN POULTRY INDUSTRY 2022-2023
Commercial Poultry in Pakistan was established in 1962. It is one of the largest agro based segment of Pakistan having an investment of more than 1981.63 Billion rupees. Poultry Industry of Pakistan is making a tremendous contribution in bridging the gap between supply and demand of meat protein. With the continuous depletion of supply of red meat, poultry is the cheapest available animal protein source for our masses and as such is an effective check upon the spiraling animal protein prices. Therefore, we are already consuming less protein as per required standards. Poultry Industry generates employment and provides source of income to more than 1.5 million people of Pakistan directly & indirectly.
- Presently turnover of Pakistan Poultry Industry is about 63 Billion rupees.
- Poultry sector generates employment and income for about 5 million people.
- Poultry sector is one of the most organized branches of the agro based sector of Pakistan. Its growth rate is 10-12% per annum.
- At present over 190 billion rupees worth of agriculture produce and by products of agriculture are being used in poultry feeds.
- There are over 15000 poultry farms spread deep into the rural areas across the country from Karachi to Peshawar. Capacity of farms range from 5,000 to 500,000 broilers.
- Marketing channels of broilers and eggs are predominantly in the unorganized sector.
- 40-45% of the total meat consumption is being procured from poultry products.
- Poultry Slaughterhouses, Processing/Value Addition in organized sector is 5-6%
- Annually we are producing 10,000 million table eggs.
- Annually we are producing 1153 million kilo grams chicken meat.
- In our country per capita consumption of meat is only 5.24 kilo grams and 45.4 eggs annually. Whereas developed world is consuming about 40 kilo grams meat and over 300 eggs per capita per year.
- As per standard of World Health Organization, daily requirement of animal protein for a person is 27 grams whereas public is consuming 17 grams only. Therefore, we are already consuming less animal protein as per required standards.
|GP||158,000 x100 KG = 15,800 TONS|
|PS||12.0 M x 64 KG = 768,000 TONS|
|BROILER||1.00 B x 3.5 KG = 3,500,000 TONS|
|PS||(700,000 x 40) = 28,000 TONS|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER||(40,000,000 x40 KG) = 1,600,000 TONS|
|TOTAL||= 5.91 M TONS|
|TURNOVER OF POULTRY INDUSTRY||Annex-B|
|GP ||(158,000 x 40,000) = PKR 6.3 BILLION|
|PS||(12.0 M x 11000)= PKR 132.00 BILLION|
|BROILER||(1.00 x1.7 x 300)= PKR 510 BILLION|
|TOTAL: ||= PKR 648.30 BILLION – A|
|PS||(700,000 x 7800)= PKR 5.5 BILLION|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER||(40 M x 5000)= PKR 200.0 BILLION|
|TABLE EGGS||(40 M x 250×25)= PKR 250.0 BILLION|
|TOTAL:||= PKR 455.5 BILLION – B|
|POULTRY FEED||(RS) (5.91x140x1000)= PKR 827.4 BILLION – C|
|*Eggs are based on previous year layer placement|
|MEAT AND EGG PRODUCTION||Annex-C|
|GP||(158,000 x 4) = 0.632 M Kg|
|PS|| (12.0 M x 4) = 48.00 M Kg|
|BROILER||(1 x1.8) (Live) = 1,800.00 M Kg|
|LAYER PS||(700,000×1.8) = 1.26 M Kg|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER||(40 M x1.8)= 72.00 M Kg|
|TOTAL PRODUCTION:||= 1,921.90 M Kg|
|MEAT (60%)||= 1,153 M kg|
|MEAT (PER CAPITA):||(1,153/220)= 5.24 Kg Per Capita|
|TABLE EGGS (PER CAPITA):||(10,000/220)= 45.4 Eggs Per Capita|
|BROILER GP||(158,000 x 720) = PKR 113.7 MILLION|
|BROILER PS|| (12.0 M X 360) = PKR 4,320.0 MILLION|
|BROILER||(1. B x 13) = PKR 13,000. 0 MILLION|
|LAYER PS||(700,000 x 240) = PKR 168.0 MILLION |
|COMMERCIAL LAYER||(40 M x 192)= PKR 7,680.0 MILLION|
|TOTAL:||=PKR 25.28 BILLION – D|
|1.BROILER GP PLACEMENT
BROILER PS PLACEMENT
|158,000 D LINE
|DAY OLD CHICKS||1.15 BILLION**|
|BROILER MARKETED||1.00 BILLION|
|2.LAYER PS (NEW)||300,000|
|LAYER PS (MOLT)||400,000|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER (NEW)||17.0 MILLION|
|COMMERCIAL LAYER (MOLT)||23.0 MILLION|
|3.POULTRY FEED||5.91. M TONS (ANNEXURE-A)|
|4.TOTAL TURNOVER OF POULTRY||1981.63 BILLION RS (ANNEXURE-B)|
|5.CHICKEN MEAT (PER CAPITA) 5.24 KG (ANNEXURE-C)
6.TABLE EGGS (PER CAPITA) 45.4 EGGS ***(ANNEXURE-D)
|* Less Utilization
** Early Culling of Parent Stock
*** Eggs from last year Placement
News & Announcements
- Membership Form
- Minutes of 6th Executive Committee 2022-2023
- Minutes of 5th Executive Committee 2022-2023
- Minutes of 4th Executive Committee 2022-2023
- Minutes of 3rd Exective Committee 2022-2023