AN OVERVIEW OF PAKISTAN POULTRY INDUSTRY YEAR 2019-2020
AN OVERVIEW OF PAKISTAN POULTRY INDUSTRY
Commercial Poultry in Pakistan was established in 1962. It is one of the largest agro based segment of Pakistan having an investment of more than 1,082 Billion rupees. Poultry Industry of Pakistan is making a tremendous contribution in bridging the gap between supply and demand of meat protein. With the continuous depletion of supply of red meat, poultry is the cheapest available animal protein source for our masses and as such is an effective check upon the spiraling animal protein prices. Therefore, we are already consuming less protein as per required standards. Poultry Industry generates employment and provides source of income to more than 1.5 million people of Pakistan directly & indirectly.
- Presently turnover of Pakistan Poultry Industry is about 1,082 Billion rupees.
- Poultry sector generates employment and income for about 1.5 million people.
- Poultry sector is one of the most organized branches of the agro based sector of Pakistan. Its growth rate is 10-12% per annum.
- At present over 190 billion rupees worth of agriculture produce and by products of agriculture are being used in poultry feeds.
- There are over 15000 poultry farms spread deep into the rural areas across the country from Karachi to Peshawar. Capacity of farms range from 5,000 to 500,000 broilers.
- Marketing channels of broilers and eggs are predominantly in the unorganized sector.
- 40-45% of the total meat consumption is being procured from poultry products.
- Poultry Slaughterhouses, Processing/Value Addition in organized sector is 5-6%
- Annually we are producing 17,500 million table eggs.
- Annually we are producing 1,322 million kilo grams chicken meat.
- In our country per capita consumption of meat is only 6.61 kilo grams and 88 eggs annually. Whereas developed world is consuming about 40 kilo grams meat and over 300 eggs per capita per year.
- As per standard of World Health Organization, daily requirement of animal protein for a person is 27 grams whereas public is consuming 17 grams only. Therefore, we are already consuming less animal protein as per required standards.
- BROILER GP PLACEMENT 375,000
BROILER PS PLACEMENT 12.8 Millions*
DAY OLD CHICKS 1.280 Billions**
BROILER MARKETED 1.152 Billions
- LAYER PS NEW 450,000
LAYER PS (MOLT) 400,000
COMMERCIAL LAYER NEW 22 Millions
COMMERCIAL LAYER (MOLT) 20 Millions
TOTAL 42 Millions
- POULTRY FEED 6 M. Tons (ANNEX-A)
- TOTAL TURNOVER OF POULTRY 1,082 Billions Rs. (ANNEX-B)
- CHICKEN MEAT (PER CAPITA) 6 Kg (ANNEX-C)
- TABLE EGGS (PER CAPITA) 88 Eggs*** (ANNEX-D)
* Less Utilization
** Early Culling of Parent Stock
*** Eggs from Last Year Placement
GP 375,000 x 100 Kg = 37,500 Tons
PS 12.8 Million x 64 Kg = 820,000 Tons
Broiler 1.52 Billion x 3.5 Kg = 4,032,000 Tons
PS (850,000 x 40) = 34,000 Tons
Commercial Layer (42,000,000 x 40Kg) = 1,680,000 Tons
Total = 6.6 M. Tons
TURNOVER OF POULTRY INDUSTRY
GP (375,000 x 20,000) = PKR 7.5 Billion
PS (12.8 Million x 7,000) = PKR 90.0 Billion
Broiler (1.152 x 140 x 1.75) = PKR 282.5 Billion
Total = PKR 380.0 Billion – A
PS (850,000 x 4,700) = PKR 4.0 Billion
Commercial Layer (42 Million x 2,660) = PKR 111.0 Billion
Table Eggs (70 Million x 250 x 9)* = PKR 157.0 Billion
Total = PKR 272.0 Billion – B
Poultry Feed = PKR 396.0 Billion – C
*Eggs are based on previous year layer placement
MEAT AND EGG PRODUCTION
GP (375,000 x 4) = 1.5 Million Kg
PS (12.8 Million x 4) = 51.2 Million Kg
Broiler (1.152 x 1.8) = 2,074.0 Million Kg
PS (850,000 x 1.8) = 1.53 Million Kg
Commercial Layer (42 Million x 1.8) = 75.00 Million Kg
Total Production = 2,203.00 Million Kg
Meat (60%) = 1,440.00 Million Kg
Meat (per Capita):(1,322/200) = 6.61 Kg Per Capita
Table eggs (per Capita):(17,500/200) = 88 Eggs Per Capita
Broiler GP (375,000 x 400) = PKR 150.00 Million
Broiler PS (12.8 Million x 200) = PKR 2,816.00 Million
Broiler (1.152 Million x 8) = PKR 9,216.00 Million
Layer PS (850,000 x 170) = PKR 144.00 Million
Commercial Layer (42 Million x 130) = PKR 5,460.00 Million
Total = PKR 17.80 Billion – D
Broiler PS (12.8 Million x 250) = PKR 3,200.0 Million
Broiler (1.152 Billion x 6) = PKR 6,912.0 Million
Layer PS (850,000 x 150) = PKR 127.5 Million
Commercial Layer (42 Million x 130) = PKR 5,460.0 Million
Total = PKR 15.7 Billion – E
Grand Total (A+B+C+D+E) = PKR 1,082.00 Billion